Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Fav Halloween Snack!

Rice Crackers for Halloween??

Recently, Halloween is getting popular in Japan. I heard they enjoy Costume parties. Why not? We are a country known for Cosplay (Costume Play). On the other hand, Trick and Treating is not that common since we don't have "knocking a door in the neighborhood" culture.

Last week, I went to Marukai (Japanese Grocery Store) in Little Tokyo, downtown L.A. Surprisingly, there were lots of Halloween related snacks! Then I found my favorite rice cracker, "Happy Turn" in Halloween theme bag. It was so cute and I could not refuse.....yes, I did.

Happy Turn (individual)
Happy Turn and Bakauke

I thought it's kinda cute to make our own snacks into Halloween! Happy Turn is rice cracker with a bit of salt taste and Bakauke is with a shoyu (soy sauce) taste. Both are too good!! And it is individually wrapped, so in my opinion, it will prevent to eat entire bag....especially this specially packed one. It's nice to have those for Halloween for a change, isn't it?

This is a flyer for Halloween snacks.

If I had unlimited budget, I would have bought all of those!


Since I was talking about snacks, I would also mention my other favorite stuff....Gumi (gummy)..
Lychee hard candy, Lychee Gumi, Konpeito
Fruit Mix Gumi

Japanese Gumi has more fruity taste and it has real fruit juice. Konpeito is Sugar Candy. It's pure sugar, so it is awfully good!!! 

There are so many other cool snacks (and more) there, so if you have time, please stop by. You'll have fun!

Have a Happy Halloween!!!






1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you! I love all the ideas for yummy snacks and now I want to go to Marukai and get them! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete