Sunday, October 11, 2015

Coffee..coffee....coffee

I love Coffee. A lot.

I started drinking coffee when I was a high school student, I guess I was a freshman. At that time, it was a cool thing to skip the classes and to go to Kissaten (Coffee Shop) - it was not a good thing to do from the school's stand point. There, my senpai (older students) introduced me "Vienna Coffee". We pronounced "Wiener Coffee". It was espresso with whipped cream and it was so good. Since then, I became Coffee Lover or addicted....

Now I have many kinds of coffee makers. Every morning, I use either Keurig or Tassimo.





I love Tassimo because I don't have to have cream/milk, but the pods cost more and it needs water filter. I buy cream pods and coffee pods. It has bar scanner and make coffee as it supposed to be, like Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte and so on. The cream is frosty just like you buy at some coffee shops. Keurig seems to be more easier. When you buy the pods on sale, a cup of coffee costs only 25-30 cents. I've been using my Keurig over 5 years. Our friend, Cheryl, Dave, Kari and Ruben kindly gave it to us for Christmas. I have Tassimo over 3 years. I received this to give my review (Lucky Me!!). Which one do I like better? It depends... When I forgot to buy creamer or milk, I go with Tassimo. When I want more coffee flavor, I use Keurig.

Then I have these... to search for the best coffee taste....

French Press
Vietnamese

Siphon

French Press, I think I can get full body taste, Vietnamese coffee maker gives you much darker and stronger flavor. Condensed milk is usually added.  Siphon gives me more flavorful taste, but it takes longer to brew.

I drink Green Tea as well.  I'll save it for another day.

It's fun to change the way to make coffee here and there to enjoy the different flavor. I like darker and stronger coffee better.

In Japan, we have "American Coffee" which is weaker than the regular coffee. So it was funny when I came here all the coffee was American.... Yes, it was much weaker. Plus we can not get refill for coffee or any drinks over there. In that sense, it is heaven for me to be able to drink almost anything as much as I want at restaurants and fast food places here. The servers even come to the tables to give more until I tell them to stop. What a wonderful country!


No comments:

Post a Comment