Sunday, October 4, 2015

BurgerKING Halloween Whopper Review

I could not refuse to try after I saw this ad....so there I went for lunch today.

The ad said this #Halloween WHOPPER Sandwich was with A.1. (steak sauce) flavor baked into the black bun.

And this is the real one...

Just wanted to show the inside the bun.. 

I did not taste much of A.1, but the bun was very soft and a bit on a sweet side. To me, it had too much sauce, though. I could have saved little bit calorie-intake if it was a half of the sauce.

But it's been a looooong time since I ate at BK, so all was good. WHOPPER was tasty. According to my son, Akira, BK has the best fries and I agreed with him. The fries were crunchy, thicker and less oily comparing to the competitors, including In'N Out and Five Guys. He tried all the fries in our city, and awarded "the BEST Fries in town" to BK.

I believe it was $6.99 for this special burger. If you have a BOGO (Buy One Get One Free) or other Whopper Coupon, they told me I could just add 70 cents each. Good deal! I happened to have $8.99 WHOPPER Meal BOGO Coupon, so I paid extra $1.40, the total of TWO WHOPPER Meals was $11.33!

Let's see how happy I was...


Michael wanted to take this pix, because he thought my hairband (I knitted it!!) and the bun looks the same and it was hilarious to him.

I think it's fun to try #Halloween WHOPPER, just because it's different and it will be a great conversation piece. You can take selfies and post wherever, it'll be a hit.

By the way, I could not finish the whole burger....I could have, but I knew I'll be so stuffed, so I stopped and wrapped a quarter of WHOPPER to take home. Well, it's "mottainai(もったいない)"- Don't want it to be wasted....in Japanese.

Happy Eating!!


2 comments: