Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Chia Seeds Diet!!??




I saw Chia Seeds Diet on Japanese TV show a couple of weeks ago. Then told myself, "why not? Sounds easy enough."

But first, have you heard about Chia Seeds? Or remember "Ch-ch-chi-chia?" jingle? That's the same seeds I am talking about!

They are simply small black seeds grown in South America that were a staple in the Aztec and Mayan diet.

According to the TV show, you only need 1 tablespoonful Chia Seeds a day and if you consume more than that, it does not effect the result of more weight loss, but you may have diarrhea.

Interesting thing about Chia Seeds is they change the texture when they absorb water.  They become "jello-like".


On the TV show, a lady tried eating 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds a day for two weeks and lost 6 pounds. 

Since Chia Seeds are tasteless, you can eat these in many ways. I simply mixed with yogurt, smoothies and cereal.

Banana, strawberry, yogurt smoothie
Banana, peanut butter milk shake  
It's been a week since I started eating Chia Seeds, and I lost about 2 pounds. I am not sure if it is because of Chia Seeds or I just did not eat much or something else. But I am going to keep including Chia Seeds in my diet because they have nothing negative but great things!

Here are good stuff:
 1. Chia seeds boost your energy
 2. Reduce effects of type 2 diabetes
 3. Help bone health
 4. Reduce chances of developing heart disease
 5. Help you lose weight
 6. High in protein
 7. Good source of ‘good’ carbs
 8. Antioxidant boost
 9. Extremely low in calories
 10. Easy to incorporate into your diet

Obviously eating chia seeds needs to be combined with a balanced diet and exercise in order to help you lose weight. By consuming chia seeds on a regular basis, you are providing your body with an improved dose of fiber (up to 40% of your daily requirement), which slows the absorption of food and regulates your digestive system. This can contribute to weight loss by expanding in the stomach and therefore dulling your appetite and making you feel full. So get chia-ing for the perfect figure!

You can buy Chia Seeds at most of the grocery stores, definitely at Whole Foods. I bought them at Sprouts. They were on sale for $6.99/lb (regularly $9.99) and I bought 1/4 lb. It is about a full of mason jar.

Now, are you feeling to try Chia Seeds???



No comments:

Post a Comment